AntoXa Corporation is committed to producing high-value biopharmaceuticals to meet demand for safe, effective medical countermeasures against weaponized chemical and biological agents as well as naturally occurring outbreaks of infectious disease. Our goal is to save lives by protecting military personnel and civilians from emerging global threats to national security and public health.
Fast, low-cost, versatile and scaleable production
AntoXa holds an exclusive licence to use PlantForm Corporation’s vivoXPRESS® biopharmaceutical manufacturing platform to produce countermeasures for ricin, sarin, soman and the Ebola Sudan virus, as well as other biodefense therapeutics. This tobacco-plant-based system makes it easier, faster and less expensive to produce high-quality biologic drugs for novel indications and new markets.
Key advantages of the vivoXPRESS® platform include:
- rapid drug development and production timelines
- high levels of drug expression
- mammalian-type glycosylation (less risk of unwanted immune reactions)
- reduced risk profiles versatility (for new product development)
- unlimited scale-up capability (to respond quickly to increased demand), and
- manufacturing costs as much as 90 per cent lower than those for mammalian cell technology systems.
Patented next-generation therapeutics
The AntoXa team continues to advance the vivoXPRESS® platform, which originated at the University of Guelph through the work of Dr. J. Christopher Hall. All relevant intellectual property is protected by seven families of patent filings, with three patents issued to date.
Our product pipeline includes innovator antibodies for treatment of ricin exposure as well as the Ebola virus (Sudan strain), and recombinant butyrylcholinesterase (BuChE), an enzyme used as preventative medicine for people vulnerable to attack by nerve agents, organophosphates or other stimulants.